Resource Card

Hello, we are so glad that you found this link. We aim to provide you with a helpful and direct pathway to support. If you do not see a resource that fits your needs, call the UIHS Behavioral Health Department mainline at (707) 825-5060.

Emergencies: call 9-1-1

Native Domestic Violence Services

Humboldt Domestic Violence Services:

(707) 443-6042

Offers 24/7 support, individual counseling, restraining order assistance, accompaniment to court and other appointments, healing support groups, emergency shelter, resources and referrals

Bear River Rancheria DV Services

(707) 773-1900 Ext. 1326

The Bear River Band Tribal Victim Services Program envisions a place where Tribal Members have a dedicated, well-educated and efficient Multi-Disciplinary Team working for and with survivors to access services and resources to begin breaking the cycles of intergenerational trauma and restoring power to Indigenous peoples impacted by crime.

DV Services Wiyot Tribe

Through our MFT and Counseling Intern, we provide counseling services to adult and youth of the Wiyot Tribe who are victims, survivors, and transgressors of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and crime.

Parenting Classes

RCRP Parenting Class

Annie Bone

(707) 445-0893 Ext. 360

Monthly classes held in Ukiah, Crescent City, Eureka, Lakeport and over Zoom

Free Parenting Course

(707) 445-0893 Ext. 360

free 21 hour course on basic parenting skills around the ABC’s of behavior modification

Housing and Shelter Resources

Arcata House Partnership

(707) 633-6236 Ext. 1

Arcata House Partnership provides permanent housing, emergency shelter, case management, CalFresh outreach, and drop in services to individuals and families who are homeless and/or hungry in Humboldt County.

Betty Kwan Chinn Homeless Foundation

(707) 407-3833

To honor all of humanity by providing direct responses to immediate needs and helping the homeless achieve the dignity needed to return to society as contributing members.

Eureka Rescue Mission

Women’s Shelter: (707) 443-5016

The Women & Children’s Shelter provides a sober, structured environment with daily responsibilities and Bible study

Men’s Shelter: (707) 443-4551

The Men’s Shelter provides emergency housing, food and clothing to men as they make an effort to get back on their feet again

RCAA’s Youth Service Bureau

(707) 444-2273

Our House Shelter is a temporary housing program (maximum stay of 21 days) with the goal of family reunification. Ages 12-18 are eligible. Check other eligibility requirements.

Yurok Indian Housing Authority

(707) 482-1506

Services include rehabilitation programs, elder emergency assistance, rental programs for low rent and students, home ownership programs and weatherization.

Uplift Eureka

(707) 268-1844

Supports community members experiencing homelessness in accessing vital community resources to obtain housing and employment.

Legal Resources

Legal Services of Northern California

(707) 445-0866

free quality legal services that empower the poor to identify and defeat the causes and effects of poverty.

Humboldt County Superior Court Self-Help Center

(707) 445-7256

Many common questions, including what forms you need are answered in this self-help division.

Trinidad Victims Witness

(707) 825-2712

We provide a variety of emergency, short term services

California Indian Legal Services

(707) 443-8397

Free and low-cost federal Indian legal services to California tribes, tribal organizations and Native American individuals. Eureka office serves Del Norte, Humboldt, and other Northern California counties.

Hoopa Tribal Court

(530) 625-4305

Fair, impartial, efficient and effective resolution of civil cases through the application of tribal law and community standards.

Yurok Tribal Court

707) 444-0433

The court’s role is to protect the values of the people, to support the development of those values within each member of the community, and to ensure that the responsibility to protect Yurok traditions and traditional lands are carried out.

Victim Witness Assistance Program

(707) 445-7411

The D.A. Victim Witness Assistance Program provides the following services to victims of crime: crisis intervention, emergency assistance, case information and referral, case status, disposition and tracking information, court orientation, court escort and support, restraining order assistance, and assistance with applying and submitting California Victim of Crime Compensation applications for financial losses that occur due to crime.

Mental Health Resources

Lost Coast Family Therapy

Jennifer “Scully” Powell

(707) 502-6564

Please call to inquire about services for youth mental health counseling.

Two Feathers

Native youth are offered one-on-one individual counseling, as well as other complementary programming including: Open and closed groups, youth leadership programs, equine therapy, and cultural programming. Additionally, family members are offered support and invited to participate in services when appropriate and indicated.


NCAMHP publishes a printed Clinical Membership Directory every two years and maintains an online directory (Mental Health Provider Directory).NCAMHP publishes a printed Clinical Membership Directory every two years and maintains an online directory (Mental Health Provider Directory).

Behavioral Health Counseling Clinic

(707) 441-3702

134 D St. Suite #301

Eureka, CA 95501

Provides mental health screening, assessment, referral, individual and collateral counseling and group therapy for eligible adults.

Transition-Age Youth Program (TAY)

(707) 476-4944

433 M St.

Eureka, CA 95501

Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays: 8:30am-10am and 1pm-4pm for drop-in.

The TAY Division includes Behavioral Health, Independent Living Skills (ILS), Extended Foster Care (EFC) and Humboldt County Transition-Age Youth Collaboration (HCTAYC).

The TAY Center is a drop-in space where young people ages 16-26 can access computers, clothing closet, and meet with a peer coach. TAY offers counseling, case management, peer support, workshops, transition age skills, youth leadership, advocacy and wellness activities. Each TAY program has specific eligibility criteria.

Remi Vista Community Counseling Services

(707) 268-8722

3960 Walnut Drive

Eureka, CA 95503

Services include group homes, school-based and clinic-based mental health services, wrap-around programs, supported living for developmentally disabled adults and affordable mental health counseling.

Nation’s Finest, Health Care for Homeless Veterans (HCHV)

(707) 442-4322

109 Fourth St.

Eureka, CA 95501

At the HCHV behavioral health program, Nation’s Finest employs a full-time clinician as well as a case manager to address some of the higher level needs clients may be facing including: substance use disorder, healthy relationships, anger management and communication skills.

Humboldt Senior Resource Center

Behavioral Health Services Program

(707) 443-9747

1910 California St.

Eureka, CA 95501

HSRC’s Behavioral Health Services provides a holistic approach to wellness for any adult age 55 or older who resides in Humboldt County and wishes to prioritize their emotional wellbeing. Numerous health plans and private pay are accepted. Office, home and telehealth setting options. Professional and self-referrals accepted. Call for more information.

Humboldt Family Service Center

(707) 443-7358

1802 California St.

Eureka, CA 95501

Variety of sponsored programs including substance use, gambling addiction, family violence and counseling services for both adults and children. Medi-Cal and other insurance accepted, and sliding fee scale is available. Clinical intake form available on website.

National 24-Hour Hotlines

If you are experiencing a crisis or having suicidal thoughts call or text the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline.
988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline
Call: 9-8-8
Text: 9-8-8

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Call: 1 (800) 799-7233

Text: Text “START” to 88788

National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1 (800) 656-4673

National Human Trafficking Hotline

Call: 1 (800) 373-7888

Text: 233733

Strong Hearts Native Helpline: 1 (844) 762-8483

The Trevor Project Hotline

Call: 1 (866) 488-7386

Text: Text “START” to 678-678