WIC is a health and nutrition program for:
- Children under 5
- Pregnant Women
- New Mothers
What does WIC offer?
- Practical nutrition information and everyday healthy living tips for you and your family.
- Nutrition experts who specialize in nutrition for mothers and their children
- Support and information about breastfeeding your baby, including access to breastfeeding experts.
- Help in finding health care and other valuable community services
- Benefits to buy healthy foods – such as fruits and vegetables, whole grains, milk, eggs, bread, cereal, juice, peanut butter, soy milk, tofu and more
Who qualifies for WIC?
- Are pregnant
- Breastfeeding a baby under 1 year of age
- Just had a baby in the past 6 months
- Have children under 5 years of age including single fathers, foster care and grandparents
- Have a family income within WIC Guidelines.
What do I bring to my first WIC appointment?
- Each person who will be enrolling into the WIC program
- Identification – for yourself & any children age birth to 5 years
- Proof of address – a document verifying your current address
- Proof of income – current documents such as, paycheck, tax return or letter from employer
What should I expect at my first WIC appointment?
- A review of the WIC program services & benefits, including an Individualized Nutrition Assessment for each qualifying member of your family
1600 Weeot Way
Closed Friday 9-11am for staff meeting
2332 Harrison St. Suite C&D
Third Thursday of each month
241 Salmon Ave
First Tuesday of each month
10am-3pm closed for lunch 12-12:30pm
2298 Norris Ave
Second and/or Third Tuesday of each month
10am to 2:45pm closed for lunch 12:30-1pm
77 Walnut Way
First Monday of the month
10am to 3pm closed for lunch 12:00-12:30pm
1200 Airport Road
Thursday’s and by appointment
10:00am to 3pm closed for lunch 12:30-1pm
Libby Nix Community Center
Fourth Wednesday of every other month
10am to 2:30pm closed for lunch 12:30-1pm
Potawot Health Village
1600 Weeot Way
Arcata, CA 95521
Call (707) 822-9900
Text (888) 411-1973
Fax (707) 822-9901