WIC is a health and nutrition program for:
- Children under 5
- Pregnant Women
- New Mothers
What does WIC offer?
- Practical nutrition information and everyday healthy living tips for you and your family.
- Nutrition experts who specialize in nutrition for mothers and their children.
- Support and information about breastfeeding your baby, including access to breastfeeding experts.
- Help in finding health care and other valuable community services.
- Benefits to buy healthy foods – such as fruits and vegetables, whole grains, milk, eggs, bread, cereal, juice, peanut butter, soy milk, tofu and more.
Who qualifies for WIC?
- I am living or residing in California.
- I am pregnant.
- I am Breastfeeding an infant less than 12 months old.
- I just had a baby (or had been pregnant) within the last six months.
- I have a child under age five (including foster children and those cared for by fathers or grandparents).
- Have a family income within WIC guidelines or receive Medi-Cal, CalWORKs (TANF), or CaFresh (SNAP) benefits.
- Newly pregnant individuals or working families (including migrant families).
What do I bring to my first WIC appointment?
- Each person who will be enrolling into the WIC program.
- Identification – for yourself & any children age birth to 5 years.
- Proof of address – a document verifying your current address.
- Proof of income – current documents such as, paycheck, tax return or letter from employer.
What should I expect at my first WIC appointment?
- A review of the WIC program services & benefits, including an Individualized Nutrition Assessment for each qualifying member of your family.
UIHS WIC Program
Call: (707) 822-9900 or (707) 825-5000
Text: (888) 411-1973
1600 Weeot Way
Closed Wednesday 2-5pm for staff meeting
434 7th St
Every Friday 8am-5pm Closed 12pm-1pm for lunch
241 Salmon Ave
First Tuesday of each month
10am-3pm closed for lunch 12pm-12:30pm
2298 Norris Ave
Second Tuesday of each month
10am to 2:45pm closed for lunch 12:30pm-1pm
77 Walnut Way
1st Monday of each month 10am-12pm
1200 Airport Road
Thursday’s and by appointment
10am-3pm closed for lunch 12:30pm-1pm
Libby Nix Community Center
1st Monday of each month 1pm-3pm
Potawot Health Village
1600 Weeot Way
Arcata, CA 95521
Call (707) 822-9900
Text (888) 411-1973
Fax (707) 822-9901