Click to play
Employment with UIHS
Come join United Indian Health Services in providing healthcare to our Native Community. Our Vision of a healthy mind, body, and spirit is embraced by those who founded our organization. Positions range from Clinical, Dental, Behavioral Health, Vision and Community Health and Wellness. UIHS brings members of the community together so they can not only be unified in ensuring the best care is provided to their families, but also help in preserving the Native culture through education, community outreach and medicine.
Come Work With Us
American Indian Preference Documentation
(In accordance with P.L. 93-638) If claiming American Indian Preference – Proof of membership/documents MUST BE ATTACHED, if verification is not attached you will not be given American Indian Preference.
UIHS will accept the following:
- Enrollment in a Federally Recognized Indian Tribe,
- Tribal Affiliation: Tribal Enrollment card/letter: Roll #:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) Enrollment Letter
- Person of American Indian Descent Tribal Affiliation, Listed on California Roll provided by the BIA, verified by UIHS Staff.
- Descendent Letter – verification that person is an adult child of a Tribal member. (UIHS will accept such letters from the Tribe for persons within the first degree of descendency).
REQUEST FOR BIDS: Webmaster for the UIHS website, UIHS.ORG
United Indian Health Services, Inc. (UIHS) is soliciting bids from qualified individuals who are interested in serving as the Webmaster for the UIHS website, uihs.org. The Webmaster is the primary contact for all aspects of the organization’s website(s), handling a range of responsibilities that may include web design and development, routine site and content maintenance, and various updates to ensure the site aligns with the goals and objectives of the organization.
The Webmaster must also be comfortable working with WordPress plugins, troubleshooting issues, creating tutorials for use of the site by other employees, converting files, restoring back-ups and providing analytics.
Your bid proposal should include the following:
- Your name, email address, home address, telephone number and any current companies or organizations you currently work for.
- A cover letter describing your web design and monitoring experience, and any other information that would pertain to this position.
- Your current resume.
- Your hourly rate
- Tribal Identification if you are claiming American Indian Preference.
Should you have questions, please contact Elizabeth Lara-O’Rourke at (707) 825-5000 prior to submitting your bid proposal.
Submit your bid proposal by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 17, 2023, to:
United Indian Health Services, Inc.,
1600 Weeot Way
Arcata, CA 95521
If selected, you must be able to provide picture identification, social security card or employee identification number.
UIHS may make such investigations as it deems necessary to determine the ability of the bidder to perform the work, and UIHS reserves the right to reject any bid if the evidence submitted by, or investigation of, such bidder fails to satisfy UIHS that such bidder is properly qualified to carry out the requirements of the contract and to complete the work contemplated therein.