Click to play
Employment with UIHS
Come join United Indian Health Services in providing healthcare to our Native Community. Our Vision of a healthy mind, body, and spirit is embraced by those who founded our organization. Positions range from Clinical, Dental, Behavioral Health, Vision and Community Health and Wellness. UIHS brings members of the community together so they can not only be unified in ensuring the best care is provided to their families, but also help in preserving the Native culture through education, community outreach and medicine.
American Indian Preference Documentation
(In accordance with P.L. 93-638) If claiming American Indian Preference – Proof of membership/documents MUST BE ATTACHED, if verification is not attached you will not be given American Indian Preference.
UIHS will accept the following:
- Enrollment in a Federally Recognized Indian Tribe,
- Tribal Affiliation: Tribal Enrollment card/letter: Roll #:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) Enrollment Letter
- Person of American Indian Descent Tribal Affiliation, Listed on California Roll provided by the BIA, verified by UIHS Staff.
- Descendent Letter – verification that person is an adult child of a Tribal member. (UIHS will accept such letters from the Tribe for persons within the first degree of descendency).