The Quality Improvement (QI) Program of United Indian Health Services (UIHS) is guided by its strategic initiatives, internal and external performance metrics, the unique cultural mission, and a commitment to quality health care. The purpose of the UIHS QI Program is to improve the health of the UIHS community by understanding and improving the efficiency, effectiveness, and reliability of clinical and public health processes and practices. QI principles are incorporated throughout all programs and services provided by UIHS.
United Indian Health Services is committed to:
- Maintaining a quality improvement program and continually improving its effectiveness
- Improving customer satisfaction
- Continuous improvement through strong leadership
- Promoting accountability for the quality of health care delivery and service
United Indian Health Services, Inc. (UIHS) is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), the nation’s leading accrediting organization of outpatient facilities.
Being accredited means that UIHS has undergone rigorous professional scrutiny by highly qualified AAAHC professionals and has been found to provide quality care. So congratulations; you’ve made an excellent choice by choosing to receive your healthcare services at UIHS.
AAAHC accreditation means that UIHS:
- Was visited by experienced AAAHC Health Care Professionals.
- Was measured against nationally recognized standards of care.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to maintaining client safety.
- Is dedicated to protecting your privacy.
- Meets all federal, state and local laws as well as AAAHC Standards for the care it provides.
Our focus is on improving the health of whole people, families, the community, and on increasing trust, respect, and dignity with clients’ primary care providers and their health care team.
UIHS is a health care setting that encourages partnerships between individual clients, their primary care providers, and when appropriate, clients’ families to ensure clients get the care they need and want. We strive to create a culturally sensitive atmosphere that enables clients to trust and participate in their health care decisions.
UIHS provides primary care excellence that focuses on client-and-family-centered care while ensuring access for all native clients and their families where care is of high quality and improves the health of the individual and the strength of the family.