Prenatal & Infant
Mother & Infant Medical Services
- General Medical Services
- Chronic Care
- Acute Care
- Prenatal Care
- Pediatric Care
- Well Child Program
Talk to your provider about referrals for specialty and outside services such as:
- Foot Health/Podiatry
- Infectious Disease
- Mental Health
- Dental Care
- Pharmacy Services
After Hours Services
If you are having a medical emergency, call 911.
UIHS provides a direct link to an after hours answering service where a Registered Nurse is available to triage client health questions and concerns. Call (707) 825-5000.
Mental Health Emergencies
For Mental Health Emergencies call the Humboldt County crisis line at (707) 445-7715.
To schedule an appointment with UIHS Behavioral Health, call (707) 825-5060.
Mother & Infant Dental Services
- Restorative, fillings, crowns, full and partial dentures
- Oral surgery, extractions, minor surgery
- Health maintenance
- Preventive care, exams, cleanings, sealants
- Dental health promotion
- Root canal therapy
- Emergency care
- Complicated procedures such as extensive oral surgery are available through arrangements with outside specialists.
- Eligible Indian clients between 6 – 17 years of age can access a one-time benefit payment toward the cost of orthodontic care through our Orthodontic Financial Assistance (OFA) program. To be eligible, patients must meet requirements set by the UIHS Board of Directors. Please call us to find out more details about our OFA program at (707) 825-5040.
Clients may contact Dental Services during regularly scheduled clinic hours to schedule an appointment at (707) 825-5040.
WIC is a health and nutrition program for:
- Children under 5
- Pregnant Women
- New Mothers
Who qualifies for WIC?
- I am living or residing in California.
- I am pregnant.
- I am Breastfeeding an infant less than 12 months old.
- I just had a baby (or had been pregnant) within the last six months.
- I have a child under age five (including foster children and those cared for by fathers or grandparents).
- Have a family income within WIC guidelines or receive Medi-Cal, CalWORKs (TANF), or CaFresh (SNAP) benefits.
- Newly pregnant individuals or working families (including migrant families).
UIHS WIC Program
Call: (707) 822-9900 or (707) 825-5000
Text: (888) 411-1973