Clinical Nurse - Full Time
Under the general direction of the Nurse Manager and in consultation with the Clinical Director, utilizes the nursing process to provide appropriate and culturally sensitive care to UIHS clients.
To VIEW a FULL Job Description open the PDF attached to this posting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assists in the day-to-day operations of the clinic as assigned by providing nursing services to include: administer intravenous fluids and mediation, intramuscular, intrademal, and subcutaneous medication and injections and injection to client as directed by the provider; immunizations, health instruction to patients following examination, triage and telephoning clients, and wound care.
• Possesses, demonstrates and implements knowledge of disease entities and interventions, nursing skills and procedures following UIHS policies, protocols and procedures.
• Assesses clients and recognizes abnormalities through triage function providing appropriate care as directed by the physician by facilitating provider appointment, future appointments or appropriate health care advice.
• Observes client, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or physician of client's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
• Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of client and documenting into the electronic health record (EHR).
• Records client responses to illness and treatment in the electronic health record and other appropriate records of care. Documents all client related activity according to department policy and procedure.
• Responds to client telephone messages in the EHR and phone calls. Assesses the urgency of the problem and provides appropriate advice and/or referral or appointment per clinic protocol and nursing knowledge.
• Has current knowledge and skills in starting and maintaining IVs and Heparin Locks, and IV pumps.
• Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
• Prepares equipment and aids Physician during treatment and examination of client.
• Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of client.
• Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
• Initiates a client education plan according to the individualized needs of the client, as prescribed by Physician and/or hospital policy including client and family instruction.
• Prepares rooms, sterile instruments, equipment, and supplies for procedures. Provides support for Medical Assistants.
• Participates in education and training of Medical Assistants and department staff.
• Assists in development of departmental policy, procedures, and quality improvement activities within the clinic as directed.
• Utilizes good communication skills to maintain positive relationships with clients, providers, co-workers, other departments in the agency, and with other facilities in the community.
• Performs various office functions such as assisting with medication assistance programs, tracking patient followup, and other rated duties as may be assigned.
• Participates in case management activities as assigned.
• Provides input in the evaluation process of Medical staff.
• Attends and participates in staff meetings and other assigned meetings.
• Adheres to accreditation and compliance standards/guidelines.
• Assists in completing required reports, program reviews and Accreditation preparation.
• Maintains a professional, organized, and clean working environment by following organizational policies, guidelines, and safety standards.
• Performs all duties in accordance with the UIHS Mission, Vision and Guiding Principals