Community Health Care
The Community Health Care Sections offers a wide range of services that include:
- Head Start - Collaboration with local Head Start programs to provide vision and hearing screening,
- PPD placement for staff and volunteers,
- Blood Pressure and Blood Sugar Screenings are offered in homes and at a variety of community events.
- We offer Diabetic and Elder Foot Care in the home or at clinic sites.
- Injury Prevention is an area Community Health Representatives (CHR's) and the Public Health Nurse work with several entities to provide child safety seats and water safety vests at low cost or for free when available.
- Family Health is another area of focus for CHR's with the American Indian Infant Health Initiative (AIIHI) an intensive home visiting program, pre-natal and postpartum home visits and Positive Indian Parenting (PIP) are offered periodically in coordinatioin with the Behavioral Health Programs as well as Diabetes support groups.
- Soon we will be offering a Chronic Disease Management class called "Our Pathways to Health".
- Infection Control measures are also offered such as head lice screenings at tribal summer camps, home visits for individual families, and outbreak education to community and tribal entities.
- Outreach Influenza Clinics are provided as well as adolescent health education.